Sunday 16 January 2011

Zimmermann


http://zimmermannwear.com/domestic/

this is where i did a month's work experience in the summer. they were doing the sample fittings for this range while I was there. I love these two pieces; classic, elegant, just the right amount of skin in proportion to the amount of material, beautiful shapes, fabrics working well together- the mesh, the lace and the lycra. It's this attention to detail that I feel sets this level of design apart from everyday high street garments. i loved my time at zimmermann, looking for an industry placement makes me wish i could just go back to them, but I feel I'd probably benefit more from experiencing different companies. It's such a shame because they were so lovely to work with and they have such beautiful designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment